Monday, 13 April 2015

Mast head progression


This is my font progression. Once I decided on my name 'Unplugged' the next step was to design a mast head that will appeal to my audience.

The top image shows a few fonts that I tried out, however, in the end I chose the top font which is 'Myriad Pro'. I selected this font as I preferred it to all the rest; I think it it has a somewhat sophisticated look to it which is appropriate to my teenage target audience as it doesn't appear too childish. 

I chose to change the font to white as it stands out from the background, whereas the black title blended in slightly. I also think that white fits my colour scheme better and is more aesthetically pleasing. 

Once I placed my title onto the front cover, I still felt that it needed something extra to make it unique and so I decided to fill in the P and D (shown in image 2 and 3). This added a bit of quirkiness to the mast head and made it stand out a little bit more. I feel that it makes my magazine look more modern which is completely appropriate for my target audience because teenagers are seen as the most modern generation.

After I was happy with the overall look of the mast head, I added a drop shadow and a slight outer glow in order to make it stand out even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment