Tuesday, 14 April 2015

Interview

Below is my interview with Ying. I chose to ask conventional questions such as "How did you first get into music?"; the audience are familiar with these types of questions, whilst they also allow the reader to get a good insight into the musicians life. 

I set my interview out in a Q&A style, putting the questions in bold. This type of layout is easy to read and will ensure that my audience do not get confused. This style is appropriate seeing as my teenage audience will not be interested in reading huge paragraphs however, can easily read it if its broken down: 


Ying Sung is set to be the next big artist of 2015 as she drops her first single in just 2 weeks. We sent 2 of our researchers to meet Ying, for her first exclusive interview, and to find out more about her journey so far!


How did you first get into music?

I've always been a musical person, my dad was a great musician, he used to play the piano all the time and I suppose I just picked it up from him. I remember he used to teach me little tunes on the piano, but it wasn't until I started to write my own songs at the age of 8, that I realised I could actually sing; once I started it was impossible to stop, I loved it so much.


How much of an influence has your father had over your music?

I would say a great deal. He is the type of person that wants to be involved in everything I do, and although a little annoying at times, I am thankful that he’s always there to support me. He has always backed my every move since day 1 and always tells me to go out there and chase my dream.


Did you have any inspirational music figures when you were younger?

I had a few. I grew up listening to Whitney Houston because my mum was a massive fan of hers; I suppose she was my main inspiration. I was so in love with her voice, every time I heard it, it gave my shivers. I used to sit in my room with her album on repeat, just admiring the strength and beauty of her voice. I knew that when I wanted to grow up, I wanted to be just like her; I wanted to use my voice to reach out to people in the same way that hers reached out to me.
The first album I bought was Michael Jacksons and to this very day it is still one of my favourites. I enjoy the upbeat tunes and would definitely say that him as an artist, has had a great deal of influence over the music I write today.


What were your family and friends attitudes towards you wanting to become a singer?

My family 100% backed me all the way, they understood that this was the ultimate dream for me and had faith that one day I would achieve it. My friends on the other hand, weren't so supportive. I mean, I was only about 12 at the time that I became very serious about my future, but I guess they just weren't very interested. I used to give up my lunchtimes at school to practise over and over again, whilst they were all hanging out together. Over time, it eventually resulted in me losing my friends because I was so devoted to my music. We gradually drifted away and yeah, school became kind of tough for me because I didn't really have anybody.



Did school get any easier for you?

Yes, Thankfully. I found a completely new group of friends in my third year of secondary school and the best thing was: they had a passion for music too. They all believed that I had the ability to achieve my goal, and I suppose they are what gave me the confidence and courage to take my first real step into the music world.


So what was your first step?

Well I started off by entering a number of local talent competitions, all of which I lost, but I didn't get that knock me down; if anything, it gave me even more determination to carry on . I then performed at a few small gigs, nothing big, only pubs and halls near to my hometown. On the fourth gig, I was spotted by a company that scout for small unknown musicians to play at festivals. I was so shocked that someone even had the slightest bit of interest in me, but mostly over the moon that I had been recognised for my talent.

I performed at a music festival in Hyde Park, London, I was an absolute bucket of nerves because I was just this young girl that no one knew about, however, it was such a success and the crowd seemed to love it. I wish I could go back to that day because I had the most incredible feeling inside of me when I was on that stage; I felt like I was just born for it.
The next day my twitter completely exploded, I had people telling me that I was the next big thing. I suppose it just kind of led from there, People were booking me out for more festivals and concerts, and now I'm here, 18 years old and about to release my first ever single! I am so thankful for everyone that has got me where I am today, I feel truly blessed.


That was an incredible story, so, your single, tells us more about it.

Yes, my single is due to be released on April 10th and I'm so excited! It is called “Just a little” and I can't wait for you to all hear it. I've been working so hard on it and yeah, make sure you grab yourself a copy!


I most definitely will be! Thank you for your time and we wish you all the best for the future.
Thank you!

 I am excited for what the future has in store for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment